Implement SOA to Align IT with Business and Increase Your Business Agility
MomentumSI’s expert SOA consultants focus on transforming IT organizations into ones that are business driven and strategically aligned. We teach organizations how to think about using SOA as a strategic wedge to drive sustainable competitive business advantages like lowering maintenance costs, driving system agility and creating top line opportunities.
Service-oriented technology enables enterprises to work smarter in a number of ways, including:
- Gaining business process flexibility – to react to market changes more quickly and speed time to market
- Reducing the costs of external processes and cycle times – through automation and business partner collaboration
- Reducing business risk and meeting industry and government compliance requirements – by improving visibility into business operations
- Easing systems integration – by integrating disparate systems and facilitating mergers and acquisitions
- Cutting unnecessary costs – by eliminating duplicate systems, skills and investments and building the reuse of IT assets into functionality.
We are recognized as a leader in SOA-based consulting services. This was not by accident – we’ve carefully created enterprise transformation and project solutions that are world-class, and we’ve conducted well over 200 SOA engagements with many of the world’s largest companies. We’ve created what is arguably the most advanced SOA training curriculum and SOA-centric methodology available. And we employ some of the best minds in the industry.
Our expert consultants can assist you with everything from the development of your overall SOA strategy to planning, design, implementation, governance and ongoing management.
Our SOA Services
Our SOA professional service offerings start with strategy development and planning related to an Enterprise SOA transformation, resulting in an SOA roadmap for your organization. Once a roadmap is created, the core processes, practices, policies and organizational structures are tailored to your needs. Often in parallel, employees are sent to SOA workshops and classroom training to upgrade their capabilities. Pilot projects are selected and executed to validate that the processes, infrastructure and organizational capabilities are in place to meet the needs of future projects.
- SOA Strategy and Roadmap Development
- Service-oriented Architecture and Infrastructure Solutions
- SOA Briefings, Workshops and Training
- SOA Competency Center and Center of Excellence
- Service-oriented Business Solutions
MomentumSI provides an active role in creating the strategy and roadmap. Based on our extensive experience in this area we are able to be more than just meeting facilitators; we are able to provide best practices and provide you with proven guidance.
SOA strategy sessions focus on business and I.T. alignment, portfolio governance and organizational design and change. All strategy engagements incorporate the development of “success metrics” from which an enterprise- specific SOA scorecard can be defined, created and managed.
SOA roadmaps are used to create a step-by-step approach to successful adoption. All roadmaps are aligned with the I.T. and SOA strategic plan. It is not uncommon for the roadmaps to range from 3-5 years in length, outlining major milestones, resource requirements and review points.
SOA will significantly impact your enterprise architecture. Successfully blending service- oriented concepts with your packaged applications, web apps and legacy systems is a MomentumSI core competency. Since no single architecture is right for every occasion, we utilize an approach centered on “architectural requirements” leveraging a series of profiles to best fit the need. Our approach is service-centric but holistic in that it complements model -driven and component-based approaches.
MomentumSI developed an architectural framework that we use to address the tough issues for your organization like creating service layers, resource virtualization and versioning strategies. MomentumSI architects specialize in the formulation of standards selection, reference architectures and project-specific solution architectures. Specific service offerings include:
MomentumSI offers comprehensive training programs and workshops designed to meet the needs of enterprise IT organizations. Our SOA curriculum is key to building the IT skills needed for SOA success as well as creating executive awareness.
Visit our Training pages for information about our SOA workshops and courses:
Governing SOA is a full time job. Actually, for most large organizations – it requires a team of professionals, highly trained in SOA Governance, Architecture and Operational Management. MomentumSI offers the ability to outsource either all or part of you SOA Competency Center. Our governance professionals are trained in program, product and pipeline management. We also provide specialists in SOA infrastructure, architecture and administration.
Some of the world’s largest corporations rely on Momentum to provide outsourced SOA Competency Centers. In some cases the initial focus is on an “SOA Center of Excellence” (COE) where the goal is to provide advice and guidance on SOA initiatives. The SOA COE typically evolves into a more comprehensive organization that provides planning, management, and governance of service based projects. It is also common for the Center to provide a shared instance of SOA Infrastructure. The COE quickly becomes the hub of all SOA activity – aligning enterprise wide initiatives.
Our consultants are experts in creating service-based solutions. You have the option of either outsourcing entire engagements or hiring Momentum staff as SOA subject matter experts to help on planned initiatives. We can mentor individuals who are still learning about SOA, or provide the extra hands you need to get the job done. Our consultants use our time-tested SOA methodology to guide you through the entire Service Lifecycle.
SOA Investigation, Analysis & Design
Transforming from a ‘silo’ organization to a service oriented requires careful planning and analysis. MomentumSI uses a detailed process to help organizations make the transition – one project at a time. Our consultants are trained to help you analyze existing systems, business processes, information models and other artifacts to create next generation shared services.
- Service Investigation – The Investigation stage of our process focuses on understanding the business case for services. It is common for it to be driven by application consolidation initiatives, modernization programs or efforts to extend the life of legacy systems.
- Service Analysis – The Analysis stage takes the work performed in the Investigation to the next level of detail. By examining business processes, legacy systems, data models and other artifacts, a “Service Case” is created. This document acts as the formal requirements document for a shared service.
- Service Design – The Design stage uses the “Service Case” as input to begin digitizing the service contract. This includes creating the interface, policies, SLA’s and consumer documentation.
SOA Construction, Integration & Testing
MomentumSI provides software development, integration and testing services to expedite the delivery of your service oriented initiatives. We provide both on-site consulting as well as remote development. Through our Austin Integration and Development Center, we are able to deliver cost effective, high quality SOA build solutions for your business critical projects.
- Service Construction – The Construction stage of our process focuses on programming the services. This can be either new services, or just putting a new face on legacy systems. These systems are typically built using Java or .Net and often leverage ESB’s or other service container technology.
- Service Integration – The Integration stage verifies that the needs of the consumers and services are fulfilled. Gaps are identified and mediated, and potential system integration problems are identified and resolved.
- Service Quality – Service Quality is extremely important in shared service environments. Our Service Testing process includes performance, reliability and functional testing. We leverage automated testing suites to ensure the repeatability of the tests.
Please contact us for more information about our SOA services.